Monday, February 20, 2012

Offish in Remish

I got the call from my doctor last week that my PET Scan was A-OK, which means I'm officially in remission. Say it with me now: Whew.

I can't believe I'm coming up on a year of being diagnosed. I feel like I blinked my eyes and fall and winter almost completely passed. It's just been such a weird period--being done with treatment but not being able to officially say "I had cancer" and not worrying deep down if that was true or not; looking for a job I'll really love; going back and forth to from my home here to my home in Brooklyn. I just still feel really unsettled, like I can't look at this ordeal as truly over until I'm working and living on my own again.

But Spring is coming, and good things always come with that season. (Proof: Titanic is being theatrically re-released in 3D on April 6.) And at least I know there's almost no way my birthday can be worse than last year's, which involved waiting for my biopsy results and awkwardly eating ice cream cake.

3 comments: