Friday, August 5, 2011

Musings on Shark Week


1. I hate it. Let me be clear on this though--I do not hate sharks. Sharks are awesome. If they're not swimmin', they're dying, we're gonna need a bigger boat, and so on and so forth. I just hate the hype that has built up around shark week, which seems to happen at least more than one time out of 52 weeks in a year. Or maybe it's because I'm extra sensitive to it because omg I hateeeeeee ittttt.

2. I'll most likely lose friends for saying that. But let me remind you that half of you probably made status updates about SHARK WEEEEEEEK MY LIFE IS MADE NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE then literally have not turned on the Discovery Channel once. You don't even know which channel it is. I can see riiiiight through you.

3. This guy is the only one I'll truly believe when he tells me how cool shark week is.

3. I hate when people write snarkyass posts like this. But when you wake up on the morning after chemo to a damn lawnmower and dog barking at said lawnmower, you need to project your crankiness on something, and I think my mom might appreciate that I'm getting it out here before I go downstairs.

1 comment:

  1. I refer to having my period as "Shark Week" and for a second I thought this was a period post and that maybe everyone called it that. Anyway that kind of Shark Week totally sucks too.

    ReplyDelete