Thursday, September 15, 2011

The good news

is really, really good news! No more chemo--I am officially done! The PET scan revealed that malignant activity is basically gone. Awesome.

The bad news is really not THAT bad. But my doctor said "something was lighting up in my stomach" on the PET scan. First thoughts of course went to stomach cancer, but he said he has never, ever seen a case where the hodge and stomach cancer were correlated. KNOCK ON WOOD.

He said it's probably an ulcer brought on by stress and exacerbated by chemo, or gastroenteritis, which is something like a virus or infection and treated with antibiotics. Next step is seeing a gastro doctor, who will probably send a little camera into my throat and into my stomach. What the F...how do they think of ANY of this.

I really just wanted to feel elated today. Shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment