Wednesday, October 5, 2011

All is well down my pipe

An endoscopy is a quick thing, my friends. At 8:03 I was being wheeled into the OR, and at 8:12 I was eating Graham crackers and drinking apple juice. By 8:15 my doctor was telling me that everything looked ok, except for some inflammation, probably caused by overdoing it with the advil throughout chemo. I got such bad muscle or bone pain from the Nubigen shots I had to get to keep my white blood count up that I would just pop them like candy. They're sending some samples away for biopsies to check on if it could be bacterial at all (which, ew) but I was prescribed some meds to limit acid reflux and given a list of things (all very delicious) that I should avoid right now-- coffee, chocolate, orange juice, alcohol.

All of the nurses were really nice. One of them was like, "We're neighbors! I live a block over from you, and you used to play softball with my daughter," (which I didn't remember but said I did), and another one was like, "We have the same birthday! Well close to it, mine's April 9th." But then my friend and former roommate's mom worked there too, and was like, "Well she used to live with my son, Daniel', and therefore won the nonexistent contest of coincidences involving my life.

I find it really cruel that the day after I openly announce that fall isn't so bad after all, I get a ridiculous head cold. I'm eating Greek yogurt and granola right now, but I don't know why, because I can't taste a damn thing. My go-to defense would be to chug orange juice, so I guess my neti pot and I are on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment