Monday, October 3, 2011

Y'all, I have given into fall.

I just ate a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner with my folks, and I'm drinking tea in a sweatshirt and pajama pants that have pine trees and little skiing people on them. I hate skiing, but they're mad cute.

I have to get an upper endoscopy tomorrow morning to check out what's going on in my stomach. They sedate you, they send a little lighted camera down your throat to check out what's going on, which kind of reminds me of The Frizz:

Yes, let's.

The appointment is at 6:45 am, which kind of makes sedating me pointless. I don't become a functioning human being for about two hours if I wake up before 9. I'm not really looking forward to it, mainly because I don't understand how an involuntary action like choking or gagging doesn't happen. Though I guess the unconsciousness helps with that.

Radiation has been going well, I suppose. I had my fifth session out of 20 today, which puts me at being done around October 24th, less than 3 weeks from now.

Oh God, just got a wave of anxiety because usually by now I will have done 3 or so dress rehearsals of my Halloween costume (which consists of me hanging out in my room for a few hours in full makeup) but I don't even have anything together yet. I have, however, been keeping a file on my desktop of inspiration.

Anyway, I switched to an earlier time slot, which resulted in me being treated by a different, much friendlier tech than last week. I actually felt good asking him some questions concerning how radiation actually works. I mean, I didn't get much further than ascertaining that the lasers are shot into my chest first, then my back to avoid crisping my chest too much, but I felt a lot more comfortable with the new guy than the others.

This past weekend I went to a bar in Astoria and the bouncer told me he liked my "haircut." I was so close to being like ,"OH, you mean my hair GROWTH but thanks so much," but realized it was best to stick to the last half of that response.




No comments:

Post a Comment